1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationship guide!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cromig, Apr 6, 2009.

1. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok so i just got into a new relationship and i really wanna make this one last a while. matts amazing and i really really like him i have learned a few things from my past one.
    -dont say i love you (idk for how long) i mean like i really like him but i dont wanna rush my feelings.
    -dont do anything (bow chicka wah wow) like until i know i know its right. :slight_smile:
    so i need some help. anyone know of anything else that will help me or anyone else?!?!(*hug*)

2. Greggers

Really? Dont say "I love you" at first?

Im NEVER going to have a relationship :frowning2: I use those three words more than any other three words hehehe...

This one may seem stupid...
    But talk things out. Communication! Express your feelings, make sure he knows what your thinking, what you want, what you need, ect. Strong communication is key to making any relationship OR friendship last :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communicate. Always. Don't fall into the habit of playing bullshit games like "I won't text him back because yesterday he didn't text me back". If you're angry/pissed/disappointed with him, let him know. Not by screaming, but by telling him calmly what's bothering you. And tell him when he's doing something right, and making you happy, too - positive reinforcement is a wonderful thing. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    when i mean i love you i mena like i need to know first. i REALLY REALLY do like him but we have only been going out for like 2 days now lmao and so i mean it seems soon for me to say it... maybe im being wierd?

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, you're being smart. :slight_smile: But honestly, if you feel comfortable doing so, I'd tell him that. "I really like you, but I think it's a bit early in the game to start using the L-term."

Lex

6. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    lol yeah. like idk im about to explode with happiness lol.i just dont wanna seem like a freak and scare him off. you know?

7. Lucky Panda

lol. If he feels the same way about you, he shouldn't be "freaked out" about you being happy while being with him. In a relationship, you have to be yourself from start to finish. Which means, being your normal self around him, even if your normal self is a little odd and you're afraid it might scare him. You need to make sure he likes you for WHO you are, not what you ACT like around him. Hiding things like your true personality and mannerisms from him will only shut off the relationship.

8. dangelica679

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    congrats!!! thats awesome!

i guess some tips: dont be clingy (i.e. texting and calling alllllll the time), let him do it! basically play hard to get, dont wanna scare him off! im just giving advice from experiences of mine. have fun and good luckkkk!

9. Justindee13

take it at his pase and dont try to rush things let it turn into a natural thing if that makes sense

10. 3104

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you man, I wish I was in that position :thumbsup:. This is good advice here, and very important. There is no relationship if there is no real you to be in it.

11. Courtneyyy

Be yourself, obviously he likes you. Don't pretend to be what you think he likes because it's only so long that someone can keep up that facade.

I find it ironic that you put the L-term, instead of the L word. Was that on purpose?

12. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ahaha everyone here is amazing :slight_smile:
    haha i met him today for lunch during school. a 25 min trip took me 15 haha i am excited.
    then this week is our spring break :slight_smile: so we are spending the next couple days together :slight_smile: off to the mall with him now :slight_smile: im super happy :slight_smile: everyone at school can tell adn are like we wish we had the happiness you have :slight_smile:

13. Fiorino

aww I'm SUPER happy for you! :icon_bigg

Some advice I'd give is: Don't be too clingy and don't overthink and overanalyse
    everything, he likes you or he wouldn't be with you! :thumbsup:
    That's just from my experience, you might have that under control.

14. Ty

Ty

I'm so guilty of that. If they take 30minutes to text me back, I take about an hour to respond :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I apply this rule to almost everything. I don't appriciate lateness!

15. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    this is like EXACTLY what i needed to hear right now omg AMAZING!!!! lol and thanks to everyone for their advise it bezz working well!!!

16. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so i talked to one of my bfs best friends, i was like i dont wanna rush our relationship o im not sure when to like kiss kiss. he told me my bf will never make the first move. hahaha he was WRONG. i was suprised.

17. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Don't worry i don't say "i love you" at first either! In my opinion people drop the words "i love you" way to much. The last person i dated said that after only a week and it annoyed me! Anyway good luck with him!