1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a bit stuck,

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Emmerz123, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Emmerz123

Emmerz123 Guest

things are going a bit shit at the minute,
    i have got 23 working days left at school. then i'm gone, to college
    basically, i feel like i'm losing all my friends.
    i wouldn't even post this on here if i had my best friend to talk too, but i think i've messed up with her, she dosent call, ask if i wana go out and do something anymore, i seen her at the train station today she was with two other girls and it was like a hi,bye situation,
    i also had my guy best friend who we just rang each other up too have a laugh and go out, put the world too right, but even he's not there anymore.
    there was basically a big gang of us, we all met went out "got drunk" had a party, but now thats all going on without me.
    it's just the start of the easter holidays, and i've rung all my friends up and there all busy.
    what do i do,
    and then there's this girl i have fallen for, i can't even tell her how i feel, i can't ring her up and say you wna hang out today, becuase i feel like she doesn't want to know me.
    i just need anyadvice to keep me going, please,

2. Lucky Panda

You have to remember: True friends are always there for you. I've been in a same predicament before. Pretty much, my friends who I've always had suddenly began to have parties without me, share secrets, and just pretty much, leave me out of anything. I kept telling myself they were my friends, and stuck in it for a while. Eventually, they came straight out and said it: It was because I was a guy and they were girls. Course, they knew I was gay, just didn't seem to understand that I was being hurt. They don't do it anymore (or atleast i hope they don't) but if you're looking for adive to keep you going, you need to just start every day with a smile. Make sure you remind yourself why you once considered them your friends, and hopefully things will get better! ^^ Good luck! and Stay at it! :grin:

3. biisme

Did something specific happen with your best friend?

Is it that no one is available to hang out right now as in today, or right now in general?

If you want to get to know this girl better then talk to her some more in school. Maybe try to set up a group of people and include her. Once you get to know her better, and her to know you, wou'll have more of a hadnle on the situation. Even if she's straight and she doesn't want to be anything more than a friend, at least you'll have gained another friend.

(*hug*)

4. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

As snowcone said true friends will always be there with you to the end it may be hard to have to cut ties with some friends but you also have to think who are your true friends regardless of were you are going.I know how you feel i had to personally do it many times with a few people. But just think that it will be the best thing to do so that you can continue living your life.

5. Jim1454

Life is about change. Change is going to continue to happen in your life. This is a transition period for you, for sure. And the reality is that the friends you had in high school may not be the friends you have later in life.

My experience was that the friends I met in university became much better friends, because they were more like me. We had similar interests, similar academic abilities, similar goals, etc. It's quite normal.

However, don't feel limited to just calling a couple of people. Expand your circle of friends. No - you won't want to spill your guts to someone kinda new the first time you go out with them, but you might have a really good time. Nothing to lose by calling them.

6. Emmerz123

Emmerz123 Guest

thankyou guys for your advice, it means a lot,
    i've made some new friends, so its all good,

7. Pokerface

8. Magnet

Thats grate :slight_smile: