1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when you feel suicidal?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Austin, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you do when you feel like you wanna die and are thinking about it but not extremely seriously? Like. I don't feel like doing anything right now I'm so bored and lonely and depressed and I'm thinking of just dying.

2. Kyle Tristan

Kyle Tristan Guest

you eat ice cream, call your friends and go out! :slight_smile:

3. I feel like that all the time. I just feel like getting on a bus to a faraway place without telling anyone. Life sucks.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too.

5. Eleanor Rigby

I didn't have suicidal thoughts for a long time now. But when I had, I was thinking about one of my friends who had commited suicide and I was thinking about how it made me feel. I would never had stand to inflict so much pain to my family and friends.

Take care, Eleanor

6. Greggers

That question is only something YOU can answer my dear.

Everyone deals with depression / bordum / loneliness there own way. You just have to what your own personal way of dealing with it and your golden. Now nothing you can do is really going to get rid of these feelings 100% of the time 100% completely, but even if it just numbs the feelings id say thats worth it.

Some common things are: Playing an instrument, Cooking/Baking, Going for a walk, Drawing/Painting/Sculpting/Ect., Listening to music, Writing down your thoughts, Writing Poetry, Eating comfort food, Drinking relaxing things such as tea, Watching a certain movie or type of movie, Watching a certain tv show or type of show, Exercising, Playing video games, Laying in the glass at night, Going out with friends, Singing, Ect.

Now on the FLIP side, there are quite a few negitive ways people deal with these emotions, if you start doing any of these you *may* want to re-think your strategy as these are all harmful: Drinking, Smoking, Drugs, Cutting, Gossiping, Ect.

I would recommend experimenting with some of the things i listed to find whatever makes you feel better. Also to note, depression is going to make you NOT want to do these things (often for no good reason) so the only way to get over that is muster up the will power to FORCE yourself to do them. You will find once you get started you will feel better. If you dont have the will power on your own to give yourself that push, try relying on friends and family. Thats what they are for! :slight_smile:

So good luck (*hug*) i hope this helps

7. Lumi Nie

I usually try to contact my best friends, talk to them, go out. If at the moment no one is reachable, I just sit at home, trying to cry everything out. Yeah, I know they say tears don't help, but, actually, they do help. Tears take all your stress away, at least for some time!

8. Colly

I don't cope with this well.

I tend to socially isolate myself, eat far too much, and sleep 20 hours a day.

9. Dave

I get myself into a situation where I'm not alone, even if it's just a crowded room. Then I just wait for the feeling to pass

10. Just Adam

meh i feel low anyway but you just keep going

11. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I typically talk with my friends and try to distract myself.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's the advice I normally try to give. If you feel like you're about to hurt yourself, getting yourself into someone else's company (even a stranger's) can be a good way of stopping yourself from doing something immediate.

13. Lacri

Lacri Guest

So true. My father actually killed himself, and it is one of the most selfish things a person can do. You may think, because you are depressed that nobody will care that you are gone, but this is so very untrue. Everyone has someone out there that would miss them and would be affected in a negative way because of your death. Because of his death my whole life has been changed completely. Completely. His suicide has affected so many people.... just hang in there. These thoughts can be really, really dangerous for anyone to have. And it usually starts with just thinking about, even though you would never plan on doing it. So just watch out. Hope that this little story helps you to see that a whole life can be drastically changed with one choice from someone else!

14. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I usually put on my headphones, listen to some music until I've vented part of my anguish. I just hang on to the hope that everything will pass and time will eventually heal the bruises.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

15. Trystan

well i can't tell you HOW to deal with it, but...

just remember that whatever comes next will either be really exciting or really dull, or nothing, so make the most of everything you have right now. I things feel like they're going crap, talk to someone, someone can help: we're all here!

16. Jim1454

Thinking about dying when you're down is essentially living in the problem, and not living in the solution. There are lots of things to do instead of feeling sorry for yourself, but as suggested above, you're not likely going to want to do any of them. But you have to force yourself.

If this is something that persists, then you need to talk to someone - preferably a professional - who can help you understand what the underlying problem is. Perhaps it's physical. Perhaps it's situational. Perhaps it's in your attitudes.

But doing nothing gets you nothing - nothing other than what you've already got.

Good luck. And PM me if you want to discuss this, or just chat about stuff. I was that lonely too once, and thankfully I had someone to reach out to that helped me. I'd be honoured to be that person for someone else.

17. Alex19

i say, fuck the ppl that are making me feel this way! i am God! lol

18. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I say...love me or hate me!!! im a effin great person...and i dont need noone's bullshit coming my way!!! Im a diva, my swagga is clean...and i have a nice personality...and if somene does'nt like it...i can give them a map to the closest bridge to jump off!!!!!lol

19. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've felt like that before, when my parents were arguing. I was in the kitchen and felt like grabbing one of the knives and stabbing myself, but i was too scared to do it... it was really serious anyway.

If you are really depressed, though, I recommend two things:
    Look into getting an EFT practitioner to help you (emotional freedom techniques)
    Read 'You Can Heal Your Life' by Louise L. Hay

Both of these things have helped me (and my parents) a great deal.
    I hope things turn out ok for you!!

20. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ooops, i meant it WASN'T serious anyway...