1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - hooked up with a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ccdd, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

So erm, well I had this incident with this girl I really like - basically we hooked up (all night - although not sleeping together) when we were drunk, and it was really really lovely. Everything was fine the next day and things, but we basically haven't mentioned it and it's becoming like this Thing and I don't know what to do. I know she doesn't usually do these things either, and I certainly don't, so I really have no idea what to do... it's just so complicated, but I don't want to bring it up because it's embarrassing and we're such good friends and I don't want to ruin that - or to be rejected or something. Oh! I don't know what to do! My friends say I should just talk to her - but how?? What do I say "So, erm, you know that night, when, erm..." - like what do I say? She hasn't mentioned it so maybe she doesn't want it mentioned and sees it as one of those things, or maybe she is basically not interested and is basically a bit embarrassed by it all. I don't know what she sees it as! I don't know! And when I start talking about it, do I say what I think about it or wait until she says so? I mean, I don't want to say that I liked it and then her to say that it was just a drunk thing... but even then I'm not even sure what I think about it. What do I do?? I know the answer is probably obvious, but please please - I don't know what to do!

2. Lacri

Lacri Guest

Ok hun- breathe! haha She probally feels the same exact way, that she is too scared to mention it because of all the possible things that could happen. But she probally liked it. I think that you should bring it up to her. What if you were to not do anything from this expierince, and you look back in your life and regret it? I know it would definetly be hard to bring it up, but I really think that you should do it!

3. Greggers

Hmm, just for clarification - do you WANT to pursue something with this girl?

I think its important to talk about it, no matter what, just because its obviously a giant wall between you two now that your both too emberesed to talk about. If shes not going to be the bigger woman and talk to you about it, guess what, your going to have to start the convo :slight_smile: Phone and e-mail are both easier than trying something face to face, but its important you do talk to her. Its going to be like ripping off a band-aid, at first it hurts but then it gets better. Im worried if you dont your friendship is going to start to break apart because of this dirty little secret your keeping. So id say just talk to her :slight_smile: And remember, its just as awkward a topic for her as it is for you, so your double awkwardness cancel eachother out! (...in theory)

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do talk with her. Find a time you two are alone and won't be disturbed. Then say something like "I want to talk about that night we spent together. I just wanted to let you know I had an amazing time, and I want to thank you for it. But since we haven't mentioned it since, it was starting to feel a bit weird, so I thought I'd bring it up."

Lex