1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my husband I'm a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Indie82, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Indie82

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a 34 year old married mother of 4 and have recently realised I'm a lesbian. I had always thought I was bi because I liked women but had relatioships with men. I tried to ignore my feelings for a while but now I'm at a point where I have to either tell him and hope he doesn't hate me and we can still be friends, or commit to pretending I'm straight for the rest of my life. I know it's going to crush him and honestly I don't know how I'm going to be a single parent financially. How do I let go of the future I'd imagined we'd have and how do I explain to him that I honestly didn't know that I'm not attracted to men?

2. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's a hard question, and one only you can answer.

A lot of here at least in the LGBT Coming out later in life, our dealing with this same issue/question. I myself, am married to a man. In my journey of accepting I am Lesbian, I have also come to realize that my husband is most likely a closet gay. Long story but it cracks me up. We a good life together, a daughter together, and have been married going on 15 years. It makes the decision difficult to say the least.

You have to look at your life and decide for yourself. Only you know what is best for you and your family. Because like it or not, that is what you have currently and part of that family is your husband.