1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Betteandtina, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Betteandtina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I am out to lots of my friends and family, but I am not out to anyone at my work. I have become close friends with a lot of my coworkers, and I know almost none of them would care. I have tried to tell them but I just can't say the words "I'm gay". I have tried to give hints like when they talk about cute boys I don't say anything or I'll just say "eh I guess so". Do you have any suggestions to how I could give a bigger hint or just tell them. It can be serious or not at all serious... I am open to any suggestions.

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tend to go for the straightforward approach, in other words I tell people directly. I see no point in beating around the bush. Since you WANT to come out to them, you might as well just tell them that you're not into guys the next time your coworkers bring up the subject. If you wish to avoid panic, don't make too much of a fuss about it. The news will only be as serious as you make it out to be.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Betteandtina,

I have a couple of suggestions for ways you might Come Out to your coworkers. One would be to wear a rainbow wristband, or rainbow T-shirt, or other rainbow jewelry, depending on the dress code at work. Another, depending on whether or not you have a personal workspace would be to hang a small rainbow flag in your work area.

Just a couple of thoughts.:slight_smile: