1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

self harm

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by adamattack, Apr 7, 2009.

1. adamattack

as many people know, i've been struggling with a self injury problem for over six years.
    up until recently, its been pretty under control.
    but for the past week, every night, im cutting without even thinking or planning. im frantic and i cut before i can even reason with myself to not do it/ before i could even try an alternative.
    why is this happening? can i ovvercome this without proffesional help?
    :bang:

2. Jay

Jay

I am sorry to hear you're struggling about that, and my concern will show in sincerity.

You won't be able to overcome it without professional help, please take action and get in contact with a counselor or a psychiatrist as soon as possible.

There can be hundreds of reasons that are making you cut without thinking, and it isn't healthy regardless of your reasons. It might be just stress, or it might be something deeper that is bugging you and you're still in denial about it. Whatever it is, the sooner you take action into recognizing the problem and getting rid of it, you will stop cutting.

There is hope and I know that you are strong enough to overcome this. My thoughts are with you and I hope you do better. (*hug*)

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think professional help would definitely be your best option. Even if you feel like it's an admission of weakness or failure, it's not - it's a sign that you're strong enough and smart enough to do something that's tough but that could really help you. (*hug*)

4. DyingForever

DyingForever Guest

Agreed with all above you should really talk to someone becuase this can become very serious if not addressed you can talk to your doctor or even a psychologist near you i think that will help a ton we are all here for you on ec and we know you can over come this.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Because honestly, I don't think you're managing your time well. Do homework, write a book, listen to Brittny Spears, do something productive. Go outside and play. Get in shape! If you get stressed and get pissed, do something constructive. There are plenty of better, more PRODUCTIVE things to do. Be around friends. I think you'll be less likely to do it then.