1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nightowl88, Jan 3, 2017.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a week until I come out at school. As the date approaches I am getting more and more worries. I have a habit of thinking about everything negative that could happen. I just want some advice on some of these thoughts. One of the biggest is getting it around. I don't want to walk into the boys bathroom and immediately have someone freak out a bit and I have plans to make a Facebook post explaining some things and I have a small school but there are always those kids who are extremely out of the loop. Another worry I have is being accused of copying and how to confront this. The only other trans person in my school is my best friend and I am extremely worried that people will accuse us both of doing this for attention. I always have a lot of doubt when it comes to coming out so a lot of these thoughts come from that and I know I'm a couple weeks I will feel better about it all. I just want some advice to help calm me.

2. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you come out to your friend? because he/she/they will definitely accept you, and may have some tips on what to expect, how to come out, and the like

3. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not feel able to give advice as such however just wanted to say that you should be very proud of yourself for being true to yourself. Your feelings and who you are is valid. Please do not let anyone let you think otherwise.
    Also, please remember that high school is temporary and although it probably seems a lifetime just now, it passes quicker than you think and in a few years it will all be over.

Good luck! :icon_bigg

4. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya know, I'm in the same sutuation right now. The only difference is that my friend is bisexual. I plan to tell them first and work my way from there, just something you might consider

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Nightowl88,

LittleMouse's advice is great, and I agree with it completely. (And LittleMouse, you shouldn't feel that you are not able to give advice. Your advice here is spot on.)

I also wanted to say to you that you are special and unique. I honor your desire to come out and be free. Part of that journey for me was reaching the point in my life where I could stop caring about what others think of me. It's not easy to get to that place. It took me 47 years. I hope you can reach it much sooner.

You will only have one life to live, and then it will be over. It's up to you to make the most of it while you can.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: