1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Begin?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shep689, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Shep689

Hi, so I am in my early 20's and I wanted to clear my mind and let my family know who I am before I leave for University. I don't want to have to carry this around or feel like I have to deny any part of me in fear that they will I go away this summer.
    So I have attempted this conversation many times in the past, but I never know what to say or how to bring it up. I mean it could be easy just to blurt out "Hey mom and dad, I'm gay!" but I want to make it a little more personal and where it's not so forceful. Most of my family already knows although it wasn't by my doing. Just through unfortunate circumstances, they found out but they are okay with it for the most part. The only ones who don't know are my parents and my grandma. They are my biggest concern because the are the more religious part of our family so i'm not sure how they will take to the news. So if anyone has any advice for coming out to religious family or if you have come out and you have a religious family also, anything would help me. I just want to get this out because I'm tired of sneaking around and living a lie. Thank you all for the support and I hope to hear from you soon. :slight_smile: