1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi-sexual or not?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bonjourbitches, Apr 8, 2009.

1. bonjourbitches

Basically, i have been unsure on what orientation i actually am as when i was about 11 i basically had my first experience with a girl, after this i sorta looked at girls differentlyy. I always thought that i only looked at girls differently and thought oooo shes hot or something like that because i was jealous,, but as i have gotten older i have had more experience with girls and have enjoyed it,, and i feel comfortable around them and i can be myself. Recently a lot of people have come out about their orientation and i am confused as it is withh who i really am and i feel that if i come out,, that people will be thinking that i am only doing it to ''follow the trend'' ! and i really don't know what to doo,, am i bi or arnt i ??

Can anyone help mee ?? :frowning2:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well firstly welcome to EC, im sure that between us here we can probably help you figure it out, I would say look through the forums, post any questions you might have or speak to some members individually.
    I wouldnt rush to put a label on your sexuality, just go with whatever feels right and if people are really your friends then they will accept what you decide and know that your not just saying it to follow the trend, but there is no rush to come out.

3. Miles D

well, you are the only person that can determine what sexuality you are. give yourself time, because there is no "sexuality deadline".
    chill out, and see what happens. :grin:
    peace.

4. bonjourbitches

Thankyou,,, im just really confusedd and need help from people who are experienced or know something more than me x x so if you can help me or have any advicee pleaseeeee replyyy :slight_smile:x

5. Thisisnew

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: you will know in time don't rush yourself. EC sure helped me I'm sure it will help you.

6. Justindee13

i had a similar experence. I came out and the one friend was like u foloowing me i was w/e i said f off
    it was great everyone was happy with it very supported. For the lonest time i did know i was gay or bi but one night i thought alot about it and i found out that i was gay its something inside that u come to figure out urself and its something that no one else can tell you Ur life u live it how u want not how others want u to be

7. bonjourbitches

I am glad i found this website,, as this is actually starting to help. Thankyou for who has actually given me advice and i would like for some more people to share their comments or help me by giving me some advice x x

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being confused is nothing to be worried about. I know I felt that way until just recently. I wouldn’t worry about what your friends think. You know you’re not following a fad. If you enjoy looking at women naked then…yeah you’re probably gay. There is nothing wrong with experimenting to see what you like, but just be sure you’re doing it because you want to, and not to prove something to anyone else. And of course be safe.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Well, it sounds like you do have some level of attraction to women. Only you can work out whether that's a full sexual attraction, and whether you want to identify as bi. :slight_smile: It sounds like you could be, though. It might help you to think about whether you could enjoy a long term sexual relationship with a woman? How about with a man? But, there's no worry if you're not sure yet. Most people go through some confusion and we all have our grey areas. I think I'm entirely grey, in fact :wink:

As for coming out but seeming like you're following a trend? Well, that might be annoying. Some people might say that. But stupid people who make ignorant comments like that don't have opinions worth listening to. If you decide you want to come out to somebody and they react like that, just remember that they don't know what they're talking about, the only person who can define your sexuality is you, and screw what they think. Eventually, when people see that you're serious about liking girls, any silly people will stop saying those things anyway. :slight_smile:

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't rush to label yourself...if people ask just say you're not sure but are working on it. (*hug*)

11. bonjourbitches

thankyouu for all your comments and advice ,,, i think it is helping a lot and i am understandin it moreee :grin: x x

12. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really great that people recommend taking it slow. That really does help. I'm in my early twenties and I'm glad I waited until now. However, the longer you wait, the more other problems there are that can arise. Being upset with yourself for carrying the boulders for so long. Denying yourself relationships and the chance to speak your real thoughts in public with friends. I'm glad I waited, because doing so meant I focused on other areas of my life and I am benefiting from that. It is important for one to weight the pros and cons of waiting x years...keep in mind that when you're all done with school, there may be a lot fewer people to deal with telling. Of course in school you might have a bigger network of support. To each his or her own and good luck!

13. Thing

Well, I was in a similar position when I came out as bi cos two others in my year had just come out as bi, but I just came out. If they don't accept you then they aren't really your friends.

As for the thread title question, try experimenting, see what you're comfortable with.

Hope this helps,
    Thing
    (*hug*)