1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused & worried.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by makaiaa10, Jan 9, 2017.

1. makaiaa10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At this point, I am 100% sure that I am bi. My family and friends feelings about the LGBT community are as follows. My brother says that being attracted to the opposite sex is stupid. My sister is very openly accepting, my mother is very liberal and accepting, and I don't know about my dad. But concerning my friends, I think I may be ready to come out. Majority of my friends are very religious and conservative. I honestly don't know if I can keep these feelings in but one of my close friends said if one of us was gay that she'd be accepting (my best friend) and one of the others said if one of us was bi or lesbian she wouldn't be friends with them anymore because she would feel too awkward. Another said she would be worried that that person would have crushes on them and she wouldn't feel comfortable having them over. I don't know if I should come out but I feel really sad I can't just be happy and be me. Advice?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest that you consider your real friends will accept you. Any friend who does not accept you wasn't really your friend anyway. Would you want a friend who would reject you because they assume you would automatically have a crush on them? I suspect, though, that more of your friends will accept you than you think. And those who don't, don't matter.

Good luck!

By the way, it sounds like from your post that you think your family will be generally accepting. Perhaps you might come out to them as well, and then just truly be yourself? Just a thought.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: