Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Coming Out Advice

Coming Out Advice A supportive place to ask for and give advice about coming out. Includes a sub-forum for posting stories about your coming out experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th Jan 2017, 12:24 PM   #1

Orientation: Bisexual

bad friends outed me HELP

I have been out as bi for a while now, but before xmas break I came out to one of my best friends as genderqueer. They said they'd love me no matter what and thought it was great. I asked them not to tell my other friend yet because I was very nervous how she'd take it. but she told my friend. and now they don't want to be friends with me because I am 'too high maintenance' and it's too difficult to deal with my gender problems. I feel really sick because now they told a bunch of other people too and now I guess a lot fo people know and I am scared.
ellis irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2017, 01:27 PM   #2
EC Addict

Orientation: Lesbian

Re: bad friends outed me HELP

Ouch. That sounds like a huge betrayal :/ if anything, they are the ones who are full of drama if they want to end a friendship over something like that
Creativemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2017, 05:54 PM   #3
Gayasfrick

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Friends, girlfriend

Re: bad friends outed me HELP

First off, I'm so sorry that happened to you. No one should have to face that. But Ifanyone says anythin to your face about it, just own it and be who you are. If you are confident, they wont be able to break you down