1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yuno, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Yuno

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am having a hard time coming out more like it's becoming a nightmare with each passing second.I dont know how much to write. I don't know ...
    P.S- I am new here.

2. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi welcome to empty closets,

What seems to be the problem with coming out? Are people not being accepting of you or are you just afraid in general? Do you feel unsafe in your environment? Feel free to elaborate on what's bothering you so we can be of more help :slight_smile:.

3. elxa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The best advice I can give without know much about your situation is come out when you're ready and to people you know and trust. If you're a good judge of character, meaning you'll likely know how they would react. There's nothing wrong with coming out to certain people, I know many people who say have an Uncle they would never dare tell that they were gay because maybe they're a pastor at a church or something. At the same time it can be very liberating, this is why I say start small, start with some friends that you know well. Chances are, at least in my case, several people suspected I was gay...and I don't look or act the part either, so it could be very well possible that some of your friends might suspect that you're gay and that's fine. At any rate, nothing to let eat you up, relax and take your time with it.

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Just relax" is always good advice, but usually impossible to do deliberately. (See the whole history of Zen, e.g.) But I will address one thing you said: You don't know how much to write? A lot. Then a lot more. That's what we are here for.

Keeping a secret is being false to the world, and of course it makes you feel terrible. Until you start trying to let it out, and then you think Oh god, it's safer back here where I've at least gotten used to it. What's the answer? You know you only have to be "out" to a few people. Friends first usually before family.

Now this is of course not as easy in Delhi as it is in San Francisco. It is a sad thought that you may have to be careful forever about who knows your personal life. But you know what? That's actually true for straight people too. But I hope you will find the balance and the accepting environment. Good luck, and tell us more!

5. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Yuno

In my experience it's always easier to come out to a person you know has nothing against LGBT (might be a family member or a good friend). The first time I came out a had an urge to come out and told my mom. After that it was alright and now I'm just waiting for good situations :wink:

What nightmares do you mean?