1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you make of this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pikachu1, Apr 9, 2009.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before I realized I was gay, I used to just get turned-on at the prospect of sex. It didn't matter what gender the person was, just the fact that they got naked. I was like this until I was about 15. I started to think to myself "What exactly is turning me on about these people specifically?" That when I realized that it was the men that were making me excited and that every instance I got excited by a woman was due to the fact that I knew a man was about to enter the picture and get naked or at least I hoped and got disappointed if it didn't happen.

I told this to one of my friends who had asked me if I was really gay or if it was a phase. He said all men go through "The gay phase" at least once in their life but it doesn't mean they are actually gay, just experimenting/curious. He said the fact that women ever turned me on meant I was bisexual. The thing is that it was never the women who physically excited me it was the fact that I knew a man was about to have sex with them and I would get to see him. My friend doesn't agree with this though and says it was the women. What do you make of this?

2. Jake122693

Im new here but it sounds like first of all, you are gay. You should talk to your friend in a private place so no one can interupt. Explain to him what you're feeling. Go more into depth than you have been. If he still doesn't want to listen, maybe he isn't a true friend. Just talk to him. Tell him how you feel and try to make him understand what you're going through.:slight_smile:

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think "The Gay Phase" is really just a time when a guy asks himself does this mean I'm gay. For example: if a guy enjoys hanging out with his guy buddies instead of a girl. This doesn't mean he is gay, but he might interpret it that. When your a teen you are still discovering your sexuality...it's confusing. You don't really understand what the heck is going on down there. Now that you’re older you can look back with a little more experience. The fact that two attractive people (whether it be 2 men 2 women or a man and woman) are getting naked and bumping uglies gets you hot means the act of sex gets you hot.
    It sounds to me like your friend might not comfortable with the gays just yet. Give him time.

4. Alex19

your friend doesnt know what the hell hes talkin about. u know what u like and dont like and why. tell him hes wrong. plain and simple.