1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BandQueen, Jan 15, 2017.

1. BandQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over the last year I've finally came out to all those important to me except for one person, My DECA teacher, Mrs.Rule. I didnt even think about telling her until we were talking after school and she asked if I was dating one of my guy friends (who's actually gay). I love her to death and she's like a mom to me and my best friend but I'm scared to tell her. She's kind of old fashioned about some things. Every time something lgbt related comes up she gets super awkward and I'm afraid coming out would damage our relationship. Should I?

2. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is hard...if telling her will do more bad then good, it might not be best to tell her. If you feel happier telling her then do it...but consider the possible outcome.

3. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you think that it will ruin your relationship, then I think you should wait. Is this the last year that you will have her? Then tell her within the last few weeks or even the last day. You mentioned that she gets really awkward when the topic of LGBT comes up. If it seems like she just doesn't understand the topic, then coming out and talking to her about it might have a good effect on your relationship. However, if she is uncomfortable talking about it, it may be best to wait for awhile. Although, once again, there is a chance that talking it over with her in that situation would have a good effect on your relationship.

4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Consider this: Is it absolutely necessary to come out to her? If you value your friendship and if it is likely that coming out would damage it, then there is no good reason to do it. The point of coming out is to solve problems, not create new ones. If you feel it's absolutely necessary to come out then go ahead, because there is a chance that she'll be accepting. Having said that, be aware that it may cause more harm than good if she's less accepting.

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out of the closet, I had determined that I needed to stop hiding and face the truth, no matter the consequences.

Your journey is unique, and you must do what you feel is the right thing to do. I do agree that it isn't necessary to come out to anyone, especially if you don't feel like it's the right thing to do. If you being authentic with everyone in your life is important to you, then I think you should come out to her.

I do wish you luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: