1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it mean

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Justindee13

ok so i have this amazing friend named aubree. I love her to death she was the first person i told she stopped me form comminting suicide and she has been there for me for like ever. But for some reason everytime i ask her to hang out or something she says no im busy or some other excuse and i dont know y and its gettin to me. Help please wat does it mean is she really busy or just trying to blow me off. Im not sure. :bang:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly can't tell you what's on her mind, because I don't know her. What I'd do if I was in your shoes would just be to find a time to sit down with her, and say something like "I've noticed that you haven't had as much time to hang out lately, and I've been a bit worried that it's because you want to avoid me for some reason. Can you tell me what's been going on?" Use "I" sentences, talk about how it's making you feel, rather than getting mad and accusing her of anything - my ex used to cancel just about every date we had lined up, and when I finally blew my top and got mad at her for it, she took it as the excuse she'd been looking for to dump me and then paint me as the bad guy (as in "she got mad at me when all I did was cancel a date, she's so controlling!"). Not that I'm accusing your friend of being like that, but if you get mad it'll put her on the defensive straight away.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maddy's got it. The person who holds the answers you seek isn't here. So ask her direct. Keep it friendly, keep it light, make sure everything is OK. And if she insists that she's just busy, accept that. :slight_smile:

Lex