1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mental?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by punkrocker99, Apr 9, 2009.

1. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah so ive been really thinking about this whole gay thing. My entire life i was just a normal kid, but now i really hit puberty full on im most definitely the opposite. I feel the need to rebell SO STRONGLY. Just ANTI ANTI anything else, well for the most part. what is percieved as normal is what i rebell against. which is why i just dyed my hair blue (oh yeah) and i wear rise against, sick puppies, slipknot shirts, and black jeans and have a mohawk.

Yeah so im a rebell.

My problem is that im really starting to question whether or not im really gay, and im only a puny freshie in High School (14) so I have no way to experiment and i dont really want to be one of those kids that has sex at age 15. But so im wondering really if its possible to MAKE yourself think youre gay, like in the way that youre definitely physically attracted to men, but if there was a slight chance you werent than maybe you were mentally convincing yourself to want to be gay because its so anti the norm?

I dunno... maybe im just rambling and fucked up, but maybe somebody can help.

2. Phantasma

You took the words right outta' my mouth! I'm debating over this very same thing myself right now.. if I'm really gay or if I'm so in love with the idea of being anti-the status quo that I've convinced myself I'm gay as a way of being the ultimate rebel/outsider. I totally sympathize with you on this topic.

We can definitely help you out as best we can. I don't have much solid advice on the topic other than the typical suggestion of taking it slow. You don't necessarily need to experiment to find out how you feel - and if you do decide to experiment, there isn't anything to be ashamed of. You wouldn't be the first person to have a sexual encounter at fifteen.

The best advice I can offer you right now is to just chill out a bit, and maybe take things slow. You don't need to figure out what you are at this exact moment.. you're only 14, and you have plenty of time to decide what you like and don't like. I wouldn't be in a rush to label your sexuality, you have plenty of time. Go with your instincts, listen to your feelings.. and just see where things take you.

3. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, will do. :slight_smile:

4. Kirakishou

Think about it in the opposite direction.
    If we like the opposite sex, can we somehow convince ourselves to be straight because it's the norm?
    It's possible, maybe, but... the boner doesn't lie.