1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Crap!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jake122693, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Jake122693

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:I met this guy like 2 or 3 hours ago on another site just like this one! I think i really like him! He's Bi. Lives in the same country xD But idk what to do. I mean, i realize we just met, but I feel strongly towards him! We have so much in common. Like, like the same things, we BOTH have small rooms. [weird but cool] etc. He gave me his msn and we talked on there, and his number, so we texted for a while. I think I really like him. But as we progress as friends, what should I look for in myself to see if I really do like him? and how can I find out if he likes me or not if without telling him i really really like him? Please help. Thanks!

2. Eleanor Rigby

You're having a crush. But please don't rush into things. I think already exchanging msn and phone numbers are far enought for the time being. You can't tell you really like someone you only know for 3 hours. The only thing that gonna help here is time. Give you some time to dicover each others. Then only you will be able to say that you like him and that he likes you.
    It's maybe not what you want to hear, but I had bad personal experiences when I was younger, rushing into relationship without knowing the persons I was involved with, and this is definitly not something I'll recommand, either for friendship or love relationships.
    Becareful and give you time.
    Take care, Eleanor

3. Jake122693

Oh, I completely agree. I was just venting. I know it's short time, but I feel something towards him. It's probally perhaps it the fact that he's Bi. I will give it time. I wouldn't want to rush into anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've been asking him questions. Well, few. Im bad at asking questions. It was cool. :] He's cute, funny, and cool. I should of been a bit more slower. I just hope he's telling the truth of who he is. He has my numbah now. But I will give it time. But, I have a question. He didn't really ask any questions about me. Does that mean anything?? Or was he giving me a chance? Should I finish asking him questions then be like, Okay, You're turn to ask w/e?

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, as Eleanor said, don't rush into anything. Even close friendships shouldn't really be rushed. Superficial feelings hit fast and hard, but it takes longer than a few hours to know deep down if someone's special.
    If you'd like him to know more about you, start to let him know things. Don't start pouring out your life story, but if you say something like "the same sort of thing happened to me when I went on holiday when I was 13", it invites the question "where did you go?" Give him a cue to take.

5. Jake122693

Ok. Thanks. Both of you =] And ill try stuff like that. Would it be bad to just like, me ask questions them tell him he can ask questions? Or best to do what you said?

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The advice here is very strong. Take your time. Chat. Get to know him a bit more. Have yourself a nice long LEISURELY chat on MSN about everything and nothing. Asking questions is fine, but expanding on them is better.

Simple example. Don't just ask his favorite video game, and let the answer hang there. If you like it too, talk about your favorite parts. If you haven't played it, ask him what he likes about it. If you have played it, and didn't care for it much, maybe discuss that a bit. ("Honestly, I have trouble getting my brain to work right for Portal. It actually made me dizzy a couple of times, so I just stopped playing.") Don't be judgmental. If he loves the TV show you despise, or hates your favorite singer, give him a chance to explain his point of view. And you can always agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    TAKE IT SLOW!!! honey....ive been down that road...even on here.Its amazing when you find a guy that is that perfect match ,the one that has the incommon factor! Very rare and when he came along...you Have to have him....but it sometimes can be too good to be true...you may get along for a while...then true colors reveal. Be careful and take your time...if it was meant for yall to date... It is going to happen!

8. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think it's cool you have a crush, but don't rush in ok! And about the asking qeustions things I think it's a good idea to bring up a question or topic that will get him to ask questions. And if i'm at a loss for words i try to think of the most random question i can! It's stupid and random but it starts a conversation or at least the answers will make you both laugh.

9. Jake122693

Thanks, Guys! This has helped alot. We were texting and he randomly stopped texting, but he could of gotten busy..I just hope something happens :] But I will take it slow. Any advice on how to tell if he's intrested??

10. sdc91

Wait, you like him because you both have small rooms?

Always be cautious about talking on the internet... some people lie about absolutely everything. I agree with Lex, go into detail to make sure you're not talking to some yes-man.

Oh, and don't give out your phone number!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

11. Jake122693

Lol no that's just something we have in common. Yeah, it was stupid, I agree, but oh well. Well, probally nothing is going to happen. He doesn't talk to me :frowning2: A friend of mine texted him and after he told me he was going into the shower he continued to text her but no me. So idk. He'll reply maybe and say im busy ill txt you later or something to that affect, and never does, lol. So, oh well. :frowning2:

12. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha...

I met a guy on the internet just like this about a month ago. In the end it didn't really go anywhere, because we lived in different cities. He likes me and I like him - but we both decided to just stay as friends because of the distance. I still talk to him almost daily, and it's awesome having someone to talk to and flirt with a bit...

Just remember keep things in perspective.

Kaleb.

13. Jake122693

Thanks. I just wish i knew if he was one of them jerks that messes with peoples heads for laughs. We talked alot at first, but now he's just not talking to me. Except to say he's busy and ill ttyl. So, idk. Idk if he's annoyed that I want to talk so much or what, but nothing I can really do I guess :frowning2:

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't panic! He probably does have a social life apart from talking to you! And you should still have a life apart from talking to him!
    Give it some time. He'll have time eventually.