1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too early

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by who am I, Jun 30, 2007.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i think i came out too early haveing doubts about who i really am this only happens when im depressed. When im happy im fine with who i am. but i cant stop thinking about it.:confused: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

advice would be much appreciated.

2. Well for starters, where do your feelings mostly gravitate?

3. Zec24

I am the same way, although I knew I was unsure going into it so I've only told a few people. For me, I just needed people to talk this out with, and although the plan backfired, I think in some ways its helping.

I go through the periods of doubt and it leads to some depression, well more like anxiety and frustration because I can't figure myself out. But like you said, when I"m feeling confident and happy, I seem to have it all figured out. I think thats how this realizing your sexual identity thing works. You are going to go through these periods of uncertainty. I guess the only thing to do is to get out there and give dating a try, whether you find that to be with a man or a woman is not really too important.

I guess a better question would be "what exactly are you struggling with"? See for me its more of a question of whether I'm gay or asexual than gay or straight. I know I have no attraction to males, at least not in my 21 years.

4. SadConfusedBandGeek

I know i sometimes feel i mite have jumped outa the closet to soon! It scares the crap outa me. But i try to ignore those feelings

5. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Holy crap, I'm going through that same thing right now! I get so seriously mixed up with who I am and what it is I am....it gets EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! Everytime I think I've "made up my mind", it only takes a few seconds for me to question it again. I question it almost every minute of the day! Its exhausting and it gets on my nerves.

But then again, its even harder when you've never ever ever ever dated before...and you haven't even been kissed yet. So yeah. Sorry I can't give you some advice.

6. 24601

Everyone goes through this apparently! I've been going through this too, and it drives me crazy! I've made two posts on here about it even (one in my blog, another in this forum). Just understand that you don't have to be 100% anything, or 50/50 bisexual. You can be anywhere in the middle. Think of your sexual orientation as a continuum, and find out where you lie on that beautiful little line, or the points where you wander between. Sexual orientation is so confusing, I know. I would help you more, but it'd be great if you could provide some more details :slight_smile: Try to read a few of the other threads about this stuff too, if you get the chance, as there's some awesome advice there. Here's a few:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153 (Quite old)
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2292
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2107 (my thread)
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2301

If you respond with some more info, I'd be glad to help you a little more!

Take care.

Ryan

7. Red87

I went through the same thing of questioning myself all the time, ONe day I'd be sure I was gay, then the next day I was straight. I finally made up my mind and said to hell with it. I haven't looked back up the straight path yet. I prefer the windy road.