1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dads Denial

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drawingrightnow, Jan 19, 2017.

1. drawingrightnow

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I came out to my dad as a trans male but I feel like he is in Denial because he will say she at a restaurant but I'll correct him and will say that I wanted to see a therapist when I came out then I reminded him that I said I wanted to start one to get a hormone blocker and start T but he just changes the subject. Can I get advice

2. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the best thing to do is probably to give him time to figure this out. This probably came as quite a big shock to him and he needs time to process it. If it persists, you may want to sit down and talk it through with him. You could ask him if this is bothering him or if he doesn't understand. You may want to explain a bit about how you realized that you were transgender and that you are still his child, but now you are his son rather than his daughter. Good luck.

3. DemonzPrincess

I'm going through the same thing, all I can say is that it's going to take lots of time. It's been six months since my parents found out and they're still not used to it But I would tell him if it's really bothering you.