1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MewDew, Jan 21, 2017.

1. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So! I was planning to come out to my grandparents this weekend when they visited. I didn't have a plan as to when, I just knew I was going to do it. I was already nervous before, but last night my grandma said something that kinda made me scared about how she would react if I told her...
    Last night we were looking at a game called "Bad advice from messed-up people" or something like that. I don't remember exactly. So she pulled out a question card and began to read it. I looked over at it and what I saw immediately was "How do I come out to my father as a lesbian?" I didn't get to see the rest of it before she said "Ok then" and put it back. The "ok then" is the part that worries me. She said it in a way that I interpret as "I'm not sure what to think of this" or "I'm going to pretend that this never happened". Maybe I'm just overthinking it because coming out is scary and she's extremely religious, but I'm not sure if I want to come out now. I only have until about 2:00 tomorrow to come out to her and my grandpa before they leave.
    So I'm wondering, do you think that I should still come out to her or wait until I'm slightly more comfortable?

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think of it this way.. she didn't have a complete outburst or anything.. She could of started something with that.. She could of reacted much worse. To me, if it really is that she doesn't know what to think of it, then maybe she just needs to experience that actual thought. I understand coming out is scary and nerve wrecking... but if you really want to tell her.. you need to build up some courage and just do it. But also, waiting will never help. I could of told anyone about my struggle years ago. Looking back on things, I had opportunities at several points in my life but always clammed up. Don't stay a clam. Show that pearl, and let it shine otherwise people will never know it's there..and it only hurts to keep it bottled in.

3. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all, thank you for your advice.
    Second thing, "Don't stay a clam"- solid advice.
    Third thing, I decided to write them a note and leave it on their bed while no one was in their room. Now I'm waiting for them to read it...

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck and tell me how it goes.

5. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She came in my room and talked to me, and said I'll always be her granddaughter...
    I feel so much better now

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, MewDew!:thumbsup: That's a very good reaction.:slight_smile:

7. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you :slight_smile: