1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So here's what's been on my mind for months

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Amplify, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Amplify

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay so, hey - I'm new here.

So this all started last year I want to say in May (2016). My good friend that I see often went to hug me, and we awkwardly moved out heads the same direction almost running into each other (ha), I then moved my head probably to my left and we hugged. We were laughing during this because it has happened before a couple times and she bluntly said: "one day we're going to meet in the middle and kiss. I wouldn't mind that actually. Another adventure for us." (Not word for word but close). I didn't really know what to say cause she said this as she was walking away from me to do something.. I kinda laughed it off and probably said "oh boy". The deal is firstly I'm a girl & my heart - ever since this happened has been with her. I haven't stopped thinking of that moment & what she said. I've fantasized kissing her, hugging her, being with her.. it's kinda weird because am I obsessing over what she said? Here's the other things, she's married. She can be flirty, I've seen her flirty with men.. but I feel that this is different/ and I'm not quite sure if she has feelings or was just bluntly saying something without a filter.

I've thought in my head about the possibility of bringing it up and asking if she meant that she wouldn't mind kissing me.. but then I think of her husband.. boy this is really difficult. & im very religious, so is she. Could it get anymore complicated ha. What do I do? Do I let it go and let my feelings/thoughts fade into the nothingness or do I bring it up? What would you do? Has this ever happened to you? What did you end up doing?

Genuinely want to hear from you & please don't criticize me.. I'm new to this, I have never been with a girl & so these our feelings inside me that are sort of new and not sure what to do. If I could kiss her, I probably would but not sure how I would feel after. That's the real question / would the regret come or would we move on? Sorry for the rambling. Look forward to hearing from you all. ( I apologize for any typos, as I'm on my phone)

2. Tijopi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm going to be straight with you- I honestly don't think she meant anything at all by it. But this is based off of a paragraph or less explaining the situation and I know absolutely nothing about her. In the end, you know her best and it's up to you to decide if she meant it or not. But, as someone with an outside perspective, you didn't mention anything where she may have been questioning her sexuality or experimenting. If she's married to men, has flirted with men, and never with women, that's a pretty good indicator that she's straight (bisexual at best.)

As for you, you didn't write anything about questioning your sexuality in the past or being anything other than straight. If you're having those feelings, again, it's up to you t o determine if you may be gay/bisexual or if you're just 'going through' something. Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you and you're looking too hard for something more? If you've never had these experiences before, I wouldn't jump on that idea just yet (though you didn't actually mention anything questioning your sexuality so I'm sure you have a handle on this in any case.)

In the end, even if your friend is gay/bisexual, just the fact that she's married would lead me to say forget about it. She's in a relationship and if you CAN get rid of those feelings, it's probably best to do that out of respect for her, her relationship, and yourself. If further tension arises, you may want to gently ask for confirmation on the matter (and her answer will set your heart a little at ease) but that's in the future and up to you to decide/find a way based off of what you're comfortable with.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll take a slightly different tack and say she might have some feelings for you, or be thinking about a FWB arrangement, but probably not the passionate romantic thing that you are feeling. (Sympathy here, we all know how it feels.) Because that could threaten her marriage. One of the two of you (could be either one) would think "Hey I want this to be the marriage and him to be the FWB... or just out of the picture entirely." Due to the intensity of your feelings (again, sympathy; it's such loving pain) the risk is there.

The only thing to get rid of pain over love is another love. But that would be a big step, since you'd be saying to yourself I'm different than I though I was yesterday. Could you do that? Maybe you could make some nice other girl happy.

4. Amplify

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I could move on & forget about it. But how would I know if she wanted to be FWB? I mean is there away to just come out and just ask her what she feels when around me? Never even thought of the whole FBW side of things but she is that kind of person.. just not sure how I would go about getting to the point with her.

Thank you for your sincere reply