1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as pan

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Jan 23, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to come out as pan but im not sure what to say... at the moment my friends call me bisexual. But i've really thought about everything and everyone is attractive... has anyone been in the the same position or got any advice???

2. Hey there!

I may not be the best person to give you advice since I have not been in your position, but I do know a close friend who did something like that.
    Honestly if your friends are already cool about you being bi and they care about you and you care about them, just let them know that from now on you want to identify as pan!
    No need for a huge coming out, but you might need to do some explaining... sadly not everyone is familiar with pansexuality.

Love,
    T. Phoenix

3. LovelyLex

Unfortunately many people aren't familiar with pansexuality. And some don't even consider it to be a valid sexuality. I have friends who believe I'm bi and as much as I would like to correct them, I'm worried that they wouldn't understand. I'm afraid they'd say, "Yeah, we know you're bi. Why are you repeating yourself?" That's my fear anyway. Maybe you just worry about the awkwardness of coming out a second time? If that's all, then don't worry. If your friends are understanding and accept you, then you probably have nothing to worry about. Then again, what you do is all up to you. I'm sure you'll figure it out :slight_smile: