1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my parents..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Jan 24, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents say Pansexuals don't exist... How do I get them to believe we exist without having to come out until I feel comfortable enough to? I don't know whether they would accept me.. I'm slightly worried they will say ' it's a phase' and not look at me the same way ever again. Or they will say ' so you cheat on everyone?' and then every time I get a partner they will automatically think I'm cheating on them. How do I stop this from happening?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should explain to them that your sexuality is about your attractions, not behavior. Whether someone is gay, straight, bisexual, lesbian, pansexual or any other sexuality, it should never infer any type of behavior based upon that sexuality. So, the idea that a particular sexuality automatically means "cheating" on someone, that's offensive and homophobic.

A pansexual person is perfectly capable of being in a monogamous relationship if he/she wants to be. You might also ask someone who assumes "cheating" how they explain that straight people cheat all the time. CHEATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEXUALITY AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CHARACTER.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: