1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly "coming out"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wofiegirl, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Wofiegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all, I've been out to my friends and family for almost 2 years. I was working somewhere for a year and half and was out to all of my coworkers. I have recently switched jobs, and am DREADING coming out to my new coworker...I don't know why, I'm just so scared to do it. My fiancé has come up a few times, and someone has already done the old "so is HE liking the area?" and I just for some reason could not correct my coworker at the time so I just kept on with the conversation, and now I feel awkward and even more stressed out about it. How do you correct someone in the least awkward way when they use the incorrect pronoun for your partner? I'd love to hear some of your coming out strategies when you start a new job!

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would wait until the next time the pronoun is used and correct it then. Or you can refer to your fiancé by name (assuming it's a traditionally female name), and your coworker may just get it without you having to "come out" to that person.

3. Wofiegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tried doing that do begin with, but I think "Ashlea" can be taken as male or female I'll definitely correct them next time!