1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ajweinstock, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Ajweinstock

I have no idea how to come out to my parents/family and if they'll accept. By the looks of it now, dthey don't seem to thrilled about this whole LGBT in general. :tears:

2. MewDew

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all, if you want to see how they'll react, try bringing up the LGBT community/LGBT rights in conversation and see what they say about it. You can also try saying that you have a friend who is LGBT and they need help coming out, see how they react.
    Now, for the actual coming out part, this is completely up to you. If you think that they might make a big deal of it, try coming out in a public place such as a restaurant or a mall so that if they do make a big deal, there will be people to stop them. If you think they will react really badly and kick you out, check with a friend or relative ahead of time to make sure you will have a place to stay. If you are really close to your parents, you may want to tell them privately and in person. If you are too nervous or it seems like there is never a good time to tell them, try leaving a note for them and wait to see how they react.
    Good luck with your coming out! I hope it goes well!