1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Jan 29, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to come out to my parents. I'm not sure how to do it. I'm not sure whether I'm safe. They are forever telling me that Bisexuals and Pansexuals don't exist and how they are just greedy and are bound to get someone if they pretend to like everyone. I'm only 13, they already told me I should get therapy for being genderfluid. Am I too young to know my sexuality?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

First of all, if you aren't sure about your safety, then it is best to wait a bit and avoid coming out. I know it sucks, but your safety comes first. If that is a problem, it may be best to wait until you have moved out.

You aren't too young to know. There are people who take more time to come out to themselves. There are those who always knew, from ages younger than you. It depends on the person, really.

About bisexuality, take a look here: The Bisexual Index | What is Bisexuality?

3. LaLa1234

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't tell your parents until you are older, mainly because of safety reasons. But if you want (and if you would feel safe doing so), you could tell your friends or your siblings if you have any. If you don't want to come out to anybody just yet, that's fine! Do what your gut tells you to do.
    Also, remember that it might take awhile, but you are never too young to figure out your sexuality and gender!