1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i come out as bisexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JordanJB, Jan 29, 2017.

1. JordanJB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello im a heteromantic bisexual and i only just realised this, how do i start to tell everyone this, i know my family would be supportive but i get really bad anxiety levels and because i have OCD and aspergers im on the socially awkward side and i get really intrusive thoughts of what might happen to me and people might start being not nice to me anymore please help, im sorry my grammar and punctuation is bad

2. Georgia111

Hi AlazyTeenager! First of all, congrats of finding yourself :slight_smile: I think the first persons you should tell are your family members as you are sure they will be supportive. There's nothing to be anxious about with regard to telling your family because they will support you no matter what. Once you tell them and get the support you need from them this might help you feel more comfortable with yourself and hence, more comfortable telling other people. you shouldn't worry about people mistreating you because those who should truly matter would definitely not mistreat u. One thing I've learnt about being on the LGBT spectrum is that your real and true friends will always be there for u no matter what and while there are many close minded people in this world, there are also a ton of open minded ones. Never let other people's opinions make u anxious because the only expectations u have to live up to are the ones u have for yourself. Hope that helped ease your anxiety a little. U have an amazing life ahead of u! Good luck :slight_smile: xoxo

3. JordanJB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello thank you for replying to me that really means a lot to me i mean this support will get through this and you're right true friends will be there no matter what and thst did help my anxiety

4. Georgia111

No problem!