1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vonn, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Vonn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I came out as a lesbian in junior high, and that was fine until High school, where I realised I was bi but still preferred. During high school, I started questioning my gender, and I've tried to come out to my parents as just wanting to have a flatter chest and be more masculine. The problem with that though is that when I did, my dad shut down for a few days and wanted to push me into intensive counselling and my mother just flat out rejected the idea. I know that I'm not a demiboy like I thought I was before, but I don't know how to come out to my parents that I don't really fit with either and that I fit in the middle/move along the spectrum. I've proposed changing my name before for when I turn 18, but that was shot down immediately by my mother and it's still a hot topic with her today. I'm not even out to most of my friends anymore, like I used to be. I'd like to come out to more people, but I'm afraid that nobody will take me seriously since they never really have and the few people who know aren't exactly experienced with coming out to the people that they know about their status as an individual. I plead to all of you that you come help me out, somehow, to build up the courage to come out or accept that I won't until I'm 18.

P.S: I'm Native American on my mother's side and she's very close-minded, but I'm closest with her and don't want to lose her love like I almost have everytime I've come out to her with even tiny details.

2. DemonzPrincess

If you ever want to come out to friends, I would slowly bring these topics up to them so that you can see how they feel and then come out if it feels fine.