1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my friends but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kawaiipotato1, Jan 29, 2017.

1. kawaiipotato1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out by sending a picture of a pan on a group chat and said ' this is a pan' then I sent a picture of me and said 'this is also a pan':icon_bigg

Some of my friends took it well, some of them started laughing... and I don't know if it's just me but one of my friends are suddenly pan because I am. But she didn't know what LGBT was until I explained..I don't want to dismiss what she feels but something tells me she's trying to be like me and get attention.
    Is this just me? :tears::dry:

2. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you I would just wait and see what happens. I mean, I knew I was bi, before I knew what LGBT actually means...

I wish you all the best :slight_smile:
    By the way: Nice coming out!

3. DemonzPrincess

Maybe try asking what her feelings are, and tell her to maybe slow down before coming to a conclusion??

4. raviolii

maybe. though with not knowing about lgbtqia+, she may have known that she was attracted to all genders and just didnt know what it was called or something.

5. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This. Just like how I knew I was trans before I even knew what trans meant. You just know something is up when you feel like you are the wrong gender you know? Same goes for orientation.. you feel weird things you don't think are normal and one day it just hits you. Just wait it out and see how it goes from there.

6. elliephant

The same thing happened with me when I came out to my friends as bisexual, possibly lesbian. My best friend started adopting the exact same outlook I did, the sayings, and using phrases like "it sucks that the boys at our school have turned us gay!" For me there is/was more evidence that it wasn't really how she felt, that she told me she decided to date girls, since the boys at our school apparently suck, plus I knew that she had lately been rebelling against her conservative parents in anyway she could.
    Make sure that these aren't any factors with your friend. Are they just trying to frustrate their parents? Are they trying to fit into a new and different community? The fact that its all new to them may make it seem more enticing, although they probably do not understand the struggles the LGBT community faces.
    But also keep in mind that they may have just not had the confidence to come out until you did! You may have given them the courage to accept themselves and fully recognize who they are, and that is a wonderful thing!
    I'd definitely talk with them about it, though. Be considerate and patient, if they really are pan, or if they are straight, they are obviously going through a very confusing time whichever way they swing.

7. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for quoting me, i just realised, I wrote something stupid: I'm not bi, I'm a lesbian :lol::bang:

Well anyway, I'm still standing for the other thing I said. Wait it out and see what happens ^^