1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out and it almost was perfect

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbow knight, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rainbow knight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to my closest friends first, the 5 of them. Four girls and one guy, when I told the guy we were talking on the phone and as soon as I told him he started to tel me for, like, 30 minutes that he'll love me as much as before and treat me the same and protect me, etc.

I believed him.
    Until one day he came to my house, me and my other best friend were watching the trailer for a lesbian drama and he asked "Who are those people? Queers?" and I didn't want to take it badly but in Spanish the word he used was indeed inappropriate. "It's a lesbian drama", I answered, "Oh, I thought I saw two men kissing" he said.
    Besides that moment, since he arrived at my house (this might sound a little weird) he didn't touch me, like, at all. Not even to say hello or goodbye, I noticed he kept his distance.
    I really don't want to be angry at him but before I told him we were having some issues and now this. I know I must give him time to get used to it but I don't really want to keep talking to him even tho I care about him.

2. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should just talk to him. Maybe he didnt think about what he said and actually didnt want to bother you. Usually its the first reaction that is bad but he reacted great. Just talk to him.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 07:57 PM ----------

The first reaction of course isnt always bad. So when they once reacted great they usually dont change their minds that quickly.

3. AJ2014

I agree with Lacayda talking to him is a good place to start. He may even be realising he's doing it or that's it's hurting you so have a chat with and tell him how you are feeling. :slight_smile: