1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HeyyitsEva, Jan 30, 2017.

1. HeyyitsEva

Hey guys, I'm new to this website and I joined because I want to come out as lesbian. My problem isn't that I don't think my friends and family would accept me, it's my friend-crush. Her name is Becca and we have been fake married for 4 years now. We met through choir and we've been best friends ever since, but I've developed romantic feelings for her. The thing is, since we're "married" we already do most of the stuff couples do,but I'm pretty sure she sees it as very platonic. Plus, her dad is a pastor and she's SUPER religious! I just don't know how she'd take it. I really want to tell her how I feel, but I also don't want to ruin the friendship we have. She's the best thing that ever happened to me and I don't want to let her go. Thanks for reading! Bai!

2. Vonn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What I would start with to test the waters is something like, "hey, what if we were really married. Or, imagine if we were actually together." This would bring up the question without flat out saying that you have romantic feelings for her. Gauge her reaction, and depending on how she responds, leave it at that for the time being or admit you're fond of her. Don't say that you're in love or anything yet, but if she's open to the idea, just state that you like her a little and slowly go up from there as time goes on.

I'm sorry if it sounds a little too formulaic, I just got back from Communications class. Also, I just explain things easier this way.

I hope I could be of some help!

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2017 at 10:00 PM ----------

The reason I suggested this method is because it's gotten me three girlfriends without failure. There was once when it didn't work out, but that was a dude.

3. HeyyitsEva

Thanks! That's really helpful!

4. Vonn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad I could be of assistance! I hope it goes well for you!