1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my gay aunt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Georgia111, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Georgia111

Hi everyone, I really want to tell my gay aunt that I'm bi but there's one problem...she can Ben very judgemental sonetimes. I don't want her to feel like I'm trying but to copy her or anything like that and tha its all a big joke because she's hadn't it really hard being an older LGBT person. What do you've think? Should I tell her ?

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2017 at 08:19 AM ----------

Omg!! Sorry for my horrible Grammar... I was typing really fast
    *she can be very...
    And that it's all a big joke**
    Because she's had it really hard...** :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think having a gay memeber in your close family is one of the best things. They will probably respect you and they'll probably not abandon you etc. So I would recommend coming out if it's safe.
    You wrote she is very judgemental. Why should she judge you for beeing like her? I don't know your aunt but personally I wouldn't think someone is copying me by coming out to me.

Maybe you should tell her your concerns first and then come out to her. This way she maybe realizes that it's definitely very serious and you don't want to make fun of her.