1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Coming Out To My Best Friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HeavenlyFire, Feb 3, 2017.

1. HeavenlyFire

So I'm 14 (turning 15) and I've known I was gay since I was 12 and I haven't told anyone. I'm currently on a skype call with my best friend who's been there for me through everything. I have no doubt she'll accept me but I'm still scared. I'm thinking of coming out to her tonight but I don't know whether I should do it through a skype call, text her or wait until Monday when I see her. It's eating me up inside not telling her but I'm so afraid to. Any Ideas on what I should do?

#1 HeavenlyFire, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would prefer to do it over text. But that's just me, because I'm alsways scared that people would walk away from me and over text they can only do this ... metaphorically...?

Well, it all depends on what you want more.
    Are you the type who wants to talk to people face to face? Wait for Monday.
    Do you feel the urge to come out immediatly? Do it through a skype call.
    Are you afraid - just like me - that people would just get up and leave? Text her.

I'm afraid I can't help you that much, it's really something you need to ask yourself, what you like the most.
    If you text and she's not writing back, you could freak out (just like me... :icon_redf)...
    When I'm thinking about it, a skype call might be a nice in between of both, it's face to face but not in person and you can see how she reacts.
    I don't know... what do you prefer?

I wish you best of luck! :grin:

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you truly believe she will be accepting, then I suggest doing it in person if you can.

Be brave. You can do this.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: