1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger Issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lost4, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Lost4

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can anyone relate to anger issues pre-coming out?

I've always had a short a temper. However, sometimes I really lose it to the point where I say hurtful things, especially to my straight spouse, often over minor things. For example if we are driving and she gives me wrong directions and we end up lost, I get angry and say things I don't mean. I always apologise after and feel really guilty about it. :tears:

Could it be possible that me being closeted is causing the anger?

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its really hard to say if that is the only reason. As someone who has/had an extremely short temper, find a consular/therapist to talk to about it. People specialize in anger managment, along with LGBT issues. I am seeing someone who deals with both and it has helped quite a bit. I'm not 100% better, but I haven't rage broke a XBox controller in nearly a year.

3. Loppox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had anger issues pre-coming out. That being said I have had anger issues my whole life, but I can say that those issues are more apparant when I am under stress. Hiding things from people causes stress, so ya, anger issues have pretty much toned down for a bit after I spilled it.

I agree with Shorthaul to find a counselar/therapist to adress the issues. It helps :slight_smile:
    I mean I did refuse to go to one, but that sure did not help my issues! It is good to talk about it, because it is only going to build up, resulting into very nasty situations (hurting when you don't mean to but actually still did it).