1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking the closet door

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crazy me, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi Empty Closets :icon_bigg

So yesterday i was getting ready to tell my mom and i was SOOOO close but unluckily my finger got stuck in the door (oops) and then i completely forgot about coming out to her. It was so hard to work up the courage and now i dont know if im brave enough to attempt it again :icon_sad: i dont know why its so hard she always says that she doesnt care how people live their lives.. maybe she already knows but is waiting for me to say it

So how did you guys prepare to come out to someone? And how did u get the courage to do it?

2. nick79

Well, after realising that I was gay and that I'd have to tell my mum soon enough (because my sexuality's not gonna change and that's the way I'm gonna live my life), I decided there was no time like the present and just blurted it out to her.

It's fantastic when it's done - ie not worrying about coming-out to her anymore!

Good luck (*hug*)

3. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    good advice

I know im not gunna change, so i guess i shud just try and get it out and over with thanks :icon_bigg

4. 24601

Coming out to my mom was probably the hardest. I hadn't really prepared at all - just decided to do it one night. I would advise against that. Just have some idea on how you want to initiate the conversation and the direction you want to take it. You should know your mom better than almost anyone else, so you can probably predict the way a conversation's going to go. Whatever you do, once you're started, don't back down. Just stay strong and do it!

5. Crazy me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have just now thought of a topic that cud lead to it now if only i can get the courage of doing it.

im surprised u guys responded since im not in any real tough spot like others,

thnx for helping :icon_bigg

6. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are in a tough spot. Coming out to my adoptive mother was VERY hard. I told her via email though. I can't even imagine having done that face to face. I just can't imagine the stress of that. I am dreading the next time I see her now that she knows. Don't discount the stress of coming out! It is hard, no matter what situation you are in.

7. SpikySpice

before you come out, yoou have to determine that you are gay, cuz you wont have chances to take your words back.

I There are many factors that makes my coming out be easier and complete. First of all i got help from here, peopel give me courage. But the most important thing is my brain has to teel me what to do.

I didnt rush, because i believe taht sooner or later I will come out so i feel relax and just work the proccess out. I came out everytime I felt excited or high, because those feelings supported my courage

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ummm... I told my mom because I couldn't tolerate her homophobic remarks... I was angry. So I kind of rubbed it on her face...

Same with the rest of my family.

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Bloody hell y dont everyone jus get drunk then tell its da eeeeeeeeeeeeeasiiist way

10. SpikySpice

Omg Sugar did it, and me and Bill were talkiong bout it too, and I also posted an entry bout it too, lol

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Ya easiest way eva even tho im not gonna do it :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

12. SpikySpice

well, I've done once, and the next day, one of em even forgot what i said, so it dosent work for some people

13. Sounds like a good idea actually.....

14. SpikySpice

Get them drunk, talk them out, and you're done, teh wine or beer will talk for you

15. I like it. I might ask my friend Grey Goose to help me....hehehe

16. SpikySpice

dont drink Bud Light tho

17. Red87

I find when i get drunk, I come out to all sorts of people. Its kind of risky due to my line of work. I came back into the barracks last night drunk stumblin around wearing a gay pride wristband. Not that I mind that though :grin:. Realized it before anyone saw it. Last time I was drunk and on the computer I send like 5 or 6 IM's to random people on MSN telling them I was gay. No one had a problem with it.

18. SpikySpice

Oh, i also had a gay pride rubber band too. I just bought a rainbow shirt and a rainbow smiley keychain(I'll yank it at all my friends faces, lol)

19. EthanS

EthanS Guest

LOl wen im drunk i wont b able to go on da comp

20. SpikySpice

Well, I managed to , turned out it was always a big big mess