1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn’t have a choice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alleykat, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Alleykat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Contrary to the title, I didn't out myself. However, I'm pretty sure a certain someone has a clue. Long story short- I have bottom dysphoria and had brought another packer(s) to cope. Great. So it ships to the house (I live with my intermediate family). My mother notices the box (it's pretty plain. It only says the initials of the store, as with most discrete shippers). Since I was not home at the time, she calls asks me about the box, and I just tell her to put it in my room, it's private, please respect my choice not to discuss matters with you. She tells me okay. Sounds peachy keen.
    I knew she was curious because she saw a rather sizable reduction from my bank account. (I didn't have a choice with that either..my mother isn't the type you just say no to and walk away from, she'll freaking disown you. I'm faaaar from being independent.)

I get home and she's flipping out because she now knew where the box came from. What this tells me is that she took it upon herself to look up the seller's initials out of her own curiosity. So much for respecting my privacy. I refused to tell her what exactly I brought, and she had this drawn out conversation about privacy matters. I guess I dodged a bullet, but am I wrong for wanting to protect my privacy? I had nowhere else to really ship my items to- and for God sakes I'm 22. Who cares if the store is a sex shop. I wonder if she'd be more tame if I brought a fucking gun or -insert whatever here- instead. I'm just trying to express myself. Why is that so wrong?
    There's been a big change in the past few months in the way she speaks to me too. It's..interesting to say the least.

Sorry for the semi-vent. It's been a rough week. Just a lovely first post to the forums- Hi.

2. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even tho I didn't understand some of the words :grin: but it sounds horrible, the "interesting" way to speak to you and the disregard of privacy. I wish you the very best <3

3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, you're definitely not in the wrong here. There are plenty of secrets people want/need to keep and other people should respect that. Even if it would make her curious, she should have respected that you didn't want to discuss anything about that purchase with her.

#3 kibou97, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are in the right. Your mom needs to back off.