1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last day to tell my Aunt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andeh, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Andeh

Andeh Guest

Hi EC. :3

My aunt has been here from CA over spring break visiting with us. I know she's cool with homosexuality, but I just don't know how she would react with the news of my own being gay. My aunt likes to get all dreamy eyed and say "Ohhh, I can't wait for Andy to have a wife and kids, etc., etc." And I just kind of stand there awkwardly and hold my fake smile in place as best I can. While she hasn't done that yet (Which makes me suspicious that she already knows, since my uncle John knows and I could see him telling her) I don't want to have to stand there awkwardly holding up a faked smile for her again.

She's here for one more day, and while I think that's enough to push me to just tell her, I think I might need an extra push from others. I should have told her right after we watched Milk, I'm just over-concerned with the timing of these things, because if it isn't JUST perfect, I'll say to myself "Screw it, I can tell her later.". And while I'm sure my mom would help me tell her... That route makes me uncomfortable. Plus my mom has to work tomorrow, so she won't be here for the majority of the day.

The biggest reason for my not telling her is because she likes to freak out about little things. You guys should have heard her watching golf earlier today.

Halp? 3:

2. Greggers

You watched MILK with her? :O

Tell her! Tell her! Tell her!

ANYONE who sees that and does not laugh at it is ready to be told imo.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The perfect moment never comes. She being in the same room with you is about the closest thing to perfect you're going to come across. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Andeh

Andeh Guest

...Well, she DID giggle at the more sexual scenes...

...And I did, too...

Don't judge me, I just happen to be a very immature 18 year old.

I just don't want to deal with an additional Jean scream. "YaaaaaAAAAHHHHHH!" <- That. For anything.

Dunno how to get past this. She's kind of like my second mother, and she really deserves to know ASAP.

And, yeah... The perfect moment for this stuff doesn't seem like it would come. She's really wanted to take me out golfing though, so maybe I'll go with her to do that and tell her then.

5. Coldflame

That seems like a great time to tell her. Maybe if you tell her right off the bat it will throw off her game, giving you an advantage! :icon_bigg

6. Fiorino

Do it!!

What have you got to lose?

C'mon now-WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?!

DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will be alone with her! There is never going to be a more perfect moment!
    DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! (way to mount the peer pressure here! :lol:slight_smile:

8. Just Adam

all family is like oh married kids but meh they will be a bit dissapointed but your aunt sound perfect to come out too...real supportive just put your hands over your ears when she inhales for the scream lol

also milk i did laugh in parts there is some good humour in such a somber film especially the start on the subway lol allthough the real test if u cry at the end i did lol :frowning2: sad..

just tell her if she takes it bad shes leaving anyway so she will have time to deal with it but i dont think theres an issue there

take care x

9. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As Gwen Stefani says...

[youtube]uTfbCOPApsQ[/youtube]

^_^

10. Just Adam

i feel bad but i do like that song lol

11. Andeh

Andeh Guest

Even though that songs rocks and I lurv it and it should have motivated me to tell my aunt, I have not told my Aunt yet. We couldn't go golfing, as the weather is not so good today. BUT, I do have one more day to tell her. Thought she was leaving tomorrow morning, but I guess she's leaving the morning after that. So I have a little extra time.

I told my mom I would like to tell Jean before she leaves, and she even said herself that we should wait until the subject comes up. I told her the subject never comes up. And then she asked me teasingly "Are you still sure?" suggesting that I was not finalized with my sexual orientation. And since we were in a public place, all I did was tap her on the shoulder with a soda bottle I had and told her she was a jerk.

I don't think my mom has fully accepted my orientation yet. I thought she had, but she gets so weird about it. x.x

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Why don't you write your aunt a note for the way home? You won't be around to hear her scream then. :grin:

13. Andeh

Andeh Guest

I can see the faces of startled passengers even now...

Hm. Maybe. But I like the idea of telling her face to face, even if she might react with that unpleasant yell.

14. Andeh

Andeh Guest

I told her! No yellin'! Just hugs and sympathy. I'm so happy right now! x]

Thanks for all the help you guys! x]]

Quote of the day (Said by people trying to help me come out to my aunt):

"We got some eggs, bacon, toast, some orange juice, and I'm gay for breakfast!"

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah! (!)(!)(!)

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Throw in some waffles, and I'm there!

[youtube]UtlaTNI1TaU[/youtube]