1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i respond to this arguement?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by antarranger, Apr 13, 2009.

1. antarranger

had this arguement

friend 1:Thats gay
    friend 2:whats wrong with being gay?
    me: yea whats wrong with it?
    friend 1: It goes against the natural order.
    me: what if you had a friend who was gay?
    friend 1: Then he would not be my friend I do not associate with gay people.
    friend 2: What if your brother or someone was gay?
    friend 1: Same point it is not natural.

2. Emile

Emile Guest

I wouldn't say anything and I'd stop hanging out with this person. He wouldn't be my friend anymore.

Sounds cruel but that's what I'd do. :frowning2:

3. Starshine16

It doesn't sound like your friend is open minded at all so I'd stop hanging out with them cold turkey.A friend who "doesn't asosciate with gays" when you are gay isn't a real friend at all.

4. Pokerface

I don't like your "friend" :grin:

5. Sarah

i agree with all the above

6. Justindee13

i agree with all the above stop hanging around him he askes y tell him ur unnatural see how reacts then ditch him u dont need friends like that at all everyone disevers better.

7. Just Adam

i say u just say next time u 3 chat that your gay :slight_smile: simple then A will get shocked angry whatever and your other friend will back u up seems gay friendly :grin: never know may also be :wink:.... this way u arent the one who needs to just break things off as its A's problem :grin:

take care

8. Pokerface

yeah... everyone deserves better! :grin:

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually respond by making similar outrageous claims. Such as: the combustion engine goes against the natural order. Which usually pisses people off royally.

Or if you want to really piss them off you could tell them you're now and have always been, gay. Which might even shock him into acceptance. But don't count on it.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I usually respond by making similar outrageous claims. Such as: the combustion engine goes against the natural order. Which usually pisses people off royally.

I usually use the clothes argument. "Wearing clothes isn't natural. We're born naked, so anybody who wears clothes is going against the natural order of things."

Lex

11. Just Adam

haha lex if he says hes gay and then says that then strips it might just kill A lol

12. trey gardner

trey gardner Guest

I would cry to my bff then she would help me out w/ it. if he is a true friend he will get over it and u guys will be "just dandy":eusa_clap

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh God there are so many angles to come at this. Where to start?

1. Being gay is nothing new it’s been around since the ancient Greeks. Until some angry guys in robes decided it take tell everyone is was wrong.
    2. Medical science goes against the natural order of things. One guy’s heart gives out we give him one from another guy. You’re in pain you pop a pill and it goes away.
    3. Ask: “So, being closed minded is natural?”
    4. I guess you think it’s gross to have your girl friend give you a BJ, after all it was never meant to be put there was it? You must hate going down on her too, your tongue was never meant to go down there either…I’ll be sure and let her know.
    5. my personal favorite: you know what homophobia really means right?

:tantrum:

14. Elven

Your close-minded friend probably has that stereotypical view of homosexuals so if someone close to him that he knew well turned out to be gay that might change his view but he would probably fall out with them aswell... yeh id probably do what lex did ^-^

15. hairdye

i can totally relate to this.
    the other night, i was having a conversation with my grandpa about gay people.
    his stance was,
    "theres nothing wrong with it, but he doesn't want to associate with them. and he doesn't want to be around them".

then i was like, "grandpa, I'm gay."

and he was shocked first, and i asked if he still loved and wanted to associate with me. his response.

"well it's alright, you're a good boy."

so obviously, once he realized that he was already associating with a gay person. it wasn't that bad at all. sometimes, people don't understand things they haven't had first hand experience dealing with. they can say they'll react one way, but in reality, they may react the complete opposite.

sidenote: in between his stance and my coming out, i used the old, "what if so and so was gay" to get him thinking, which i think helped.

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    We need a standing ovation smiley! You deserve one! That's exactly what EVERYBODY should do when confronted with this type of behavior. You see as soon as somebody knows that someone they love is gay, everything changes!

17. Greggers

I would not label him as a "friend" o_o

There is a chance however, if you DO come out to him, that he will slowly start to change his views. It looks like Friend 2 has your back! :slight_smile: If more people side with you than him, whats he going to do? Sit in the corner and bitch about gay people?

Its good you stood up for yourself, but next time id prepare more and challenge his views outright.

"Why is it un-natural?" and if he responds with "It just is" or "because" then keep hammering this question into him until he gives you reasons or you make him look like an idiot for having none :slight_smile:

"If its un-natural, why does it then occur in nature?" and give him some of the cold, hard facts that ALL of the more intelligent species have homosexual tendencies along with many of the less intelligent ones. Bring a power point presentation on it if you need to :slight_smile:

There are a million other ways you could respond, just figure your own out and practice them ahead of time :slight_smile:

Also, if it helps, ive had people say "homosexuals are worse than old dudes who fuck little girls" to me, and after i came out to them they sure changed that tune fast :wink:

18. tallship

I had a friend who hated gays , he told me this after we had been to an event where there was a friend of mine who was an obvious gay , he was very out . any way i told my friend that he had better run then as i was gay ,this shocked him but 12 yrs on we are still mates so you never can tell.

19. Screw him. He has no idea what he's talking about. Stop hanging out with him ASAP.

20. Mickey

Good advice from the other posters. I'd tell him and add,"don't worry,I won't hit on you. I have my standards and good taste!"