1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out as bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bibi, Feb 10, 2017.

1. bibi

I'm a 17 y/o girl, and I've finally come to terms with being bisexual. I'm still in the closet, but I'm fairly sure most of my friends know I'm not straight, as they always make small, sublte jokes about it. I know they're supportive and are all great, but I have no idea how to actually tell them? I'm scared that my queerness will overcome my other important features, and I don't want it to be a big deal, yet I don't know how to come out and it not be a big deal? Whenever my friends make jokes about my sexuality I always just laugh and never bother denying anything, and so I don't know whether I even need to come out at all or just start talking about attractive girls. My lone lesbian friend has also said that she gets the gay vibe off of me, but this was when I was still SUPER closeted.
    Also just to add to everything, we are all going out separate ways to different universities in a week :grin:
    (Basically being bi is confusing AF and I need advice lol)

2. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always had a policy of honesty, if anyone asks - I tell them.

You'd be surprised how rare it is to be asked if you're bisexual, the conversation usually goes like this:
    Them: Are you gay?
    Me: No.
    Them: Okay.
    *End of conversation*

If they're getting a 'queer vibe' off you, carry on. Flirt with who you want to flirt with, your friends sound great - tell them if it comes up...if you want to, or don't. Nobody's going to give you any grief for you being you.

#2 Twisted777, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry about it becoming all you're seen as. It will not overcome your other important features, your friends will still see you as you.

If you want a way to do it, tell them you are bismuth.
    [​IMG]

Lol. A joke is perfect since they seem like they might already know, and you most likely don't need to take coming out too seriously.

This is how my friend came out to me. Clever af. :lol:

4. Geochick96

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Assassin'skat, that would be a good way, or next time you see them be wearing something bi pride. I know it is confusing but just be yourself and everything will work out!

5. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am in almost the same situation as you. Im bi and im only out to one friend (who is lesbian) and im really afraid to come out to my close friends. Even though i know some of them suspect it. Although I still have a few more years until we split up for college and I have more time. I feel like if you know that they will be supportive then I would come out before you say goodbye to each other. Because you might regret it once you leave them. Also, if you are out in college at some point you do not want them finding out over social media, you might want to do it personally. That's just my advice but i don't know too much - Im not out all my friends yet.
    Anyway, good luck!

#5 natalie1, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017