1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DreamonRose, Feb 10, 2017.

1. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can anyone who came out at 14-16 or is 14-16 and is going to come out soon tell me how to do it. How do deal with unacceptance? How to get support?

2. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, i might not be the most help, but im 16 and bi and im only out to one friend. Although I haven't dealt with unacceptance yet because the one person i came out to was very accepting. I can tell you how I came out to her though.
    It was really in the spur of the moment so i didn't really plan it at all. I was jsut having a really bad day, because for some reason i was really struggling with my identity in particular that day idk why. But when we were at her house after school she asked me if something was wrong i just told her that i needed to tell her something. So, i at this point i was still questioning so i still wasn't sure what i was, I see you have your orientation status as "not quite sure" and your gender as "i don't know sometimes" so i was in a similar situation. After I told her I needed to tell her something I said something along the lines of "i'm not straight, but i don't know if i'm bi or gay or something else. I haven't figured it all out yet but i've wanted to tell you for a while but i didn't know how". She was very accepting as i expected her to be but it probably isn't the best way to come out for everybody.
    If you are still questioning and want to come out as jsut "not straight" then make sure the person is totally accepting so they won't try to change your mind or say anything that makes you doubt yourself.
    I knew my friend would be accepting because I was sure she was either bi or lesbian (she ended up being lesbian) and I knew she wouldn't say anything that would hurt me. So if you are sure that the person you are telling will be 100% okay - then go ahead and tell them. But if you are still not sure they are supportive and you are questioning i would wait until you are completely comfortable with yourself and nothing anyone could say will hurt you.
    I hope this helped, good luck!
    -Nat