1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was it worth this sinking feeling?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sugar, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,

So I've been having this knot and sinking feeling in my stomach for a couple of days. I need some advice on how to deal with this.

The feeling is in regards to my "Ex" finding my blog and the stuff I wrote about her/us. I didn't go into huge detail but I did share some very intimate issues for the whole public to see. She's understandably very angry. She feels betrayed and does not want to speak to me. She got really cold with me and told me to back off.

I completely understand her anger. My jaw would have dropped too if I saw that on the internet. But I think she's over reacting. Posting that stuff made me feel so good. I felt like for once I was being heard (in regards to our relationship). Just the slight possibility that she might find this and know what I really think was liberating. I was not able to speak to her. She never listened and always blamed me for everything and I was always the one to apologize. So writing the stuff that I did felt amazing, but was it worth it? She's angry now and I feel really shitty.

I guess this just makes me really sad. There's not much I can do but give her time.

2. Mickey

You wrote what you wrote to get it off your chest.
    I wouldn't worry a whole lot about her feelings,especially if she treated you badly while you were together. My advice would be to just let it and her go. You have nothing to feel bad about.

3. Coldflame

I think it would have been a better idea to discuss your problems with her first before putting them up on the internet. Communication is a key piece in every relationship. How is she supposed to know it is that much of a problem unless you tell her? If the problems were big enough that you think she should have noticed on her own, then you need to decide whether you can work to get over that part with her. Just make sure you let her know how sorry you feel, give her the space and time she needs to get over it, and don't make the same mistake again. relationships are full of mistakes, and it's the best couples who realize this and forgive eachother and help each other through them.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally would've done it differently.

I wouldn't have had any issue with posting problems with an ex here on EC, for instance. Because my relationship with ECers begins and ends here. None of you know my ex, and if you do, you don't know he's my ex. :slight_smile:

But on facebook, for instance, I wouldn't write anything about him. Because many of my friends there know him, and he may read it, and it'd be embarrassing for him. I might allude to some things - "we had some problems, and I'm still working on moving on" - but I wouldn't go into detail.

Lex

5. Jim1454

What's done is done. You might want to write her a letter and apologize for hurting her - which might make her and you feel better.

Otherwise, move on. There's nothing you can do about it now.

6. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes true true.

sux lol