1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to wife ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mj5963, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone experience that either coming out as bisexual or gay ?

2. xenu

Oh yeah, that kind of thing is a staple of this part of the forum.

3. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welll wife and I are dealing with it as she knows I been having sex with guys for few years and I am working to fully understand my own sexuality as well as working in the entire infidelity part . I feel deep in my heart I am ok labeling myself bisexual at this point as my attraction is to both women and men. Ultimately will have to commit to monogomynif want any chance of remaining married . I do believe I need to fully unsmdwrstand and accept that about myself so I can articulate it to my wife . She has been amazing considering I was cheating on her with Guys and I have owned it and admired it and take full responsibility for it so that is not what I am seeking here , just how guys came out to wife as bisexual and if they were able to keep the marriage knowing they would no longer have sex with guys ?

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you want to find a way forward that will protect the relationship with your wife and help you to live in an authentic way that doesn't deny the reality of your feelings for other men. To that end, I wonder if you have considered couple counselling? Couple counselling will help both of you, but it will also help you on an individual basis too. It doesn't exist to deny or repress how you feel in any way, so it might be a good way forward.

It's not easy to accept outside help and pride sometimes gets in the way of seeking help, but it's worth asking yourself if this situation is manageable now. Does it feel as though you have all of the tools to find a way through it alone?

5. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey @PatrickUK, thanks for the post , yes couples therapy is a step that we will take . I am prepared for it and my wife is very close so I hope in next few weeks that is the next step in this journey . And since at this point I have nothing to hide and I am not ashamed of the fact my sexuality is what it is , I am so committed to the future and can look in the mirror and be happy.