1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being outted at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shallow waters, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently it has come to my attention that ive been outted to my school, when im not even out to my parents. I guess this all happened because i had got a boyfriend a week or 2 from this one, and as my friends i thought i was ok with them knowing ( 1 of them that are in our group is lesbian) but apperently one of them ansered a question that seemed to have outted me, 1 of my friends today have cane up to me and told me im still their friend and they support me, but im not sure if he is lying or not, cause the group he is in is the "bullies" of the school and idk if he was sent over to make me confirm it. Ive also been called a faggot today and i just know that wont be good cause i litterally have to go to the school with my parents for some stupid thing and im afraid someone will do this and get me out to them. 1 of my friends have technicly abandoned me, and i know that my friend who is the most homophobic person i know eill try getting in on doing all this stuff. I just wanted to talk about this cause this all sucks, and has to happen at such a bad time :c

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shallow, please keep your head up. I got called the same thing in school, except in the boys shower room after gym class. I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am so sorry that after 30 years society hasn't advanced beyond stupid insults.

Dean

3. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ill try, i just feel so bad, sometimes i wish i never discovered this part of me you know, but i just couldnt change anything, ive tried, it doesnt do anything. Thank you for replying to my thread, I appreciate it alot, I really do.

4. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have tried praying, being angry with and bargaining with God. Asking him to take the feelings away. Lots of crying at your age. Fix the gay counselors. I was so ashamed of myself...I even married to a woman.

Going through what you are at my age is loads of fun.:bang: Just always remember to stay true to yourself and that you are not Alone.

Dean

Shallow waters likes this.
  5. AlecF

AlecF Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dean is Correct. When I came out to my parents and their initial reaction (not good), I also tried bargaining with God. But I realized that God does not make mistakes. He made you this way for a reason, He made me this way for a reason. I was reading the parable of Jesus and Peter when he walks on water but the wind is so strong he is afraid and cries out to Jesus to save him. Jesus saves Peter and says "Ye of little faith why did you doubt? (too lazy to look up the actual verse, so I paraphrased it) I interpreted it as "Alec why do you keep trying to change what I have made, why do you not trust that I have greater plans for you." So I stopped doubting God and that I would go to hell for being this way, because in all honesty, it is something YOU CANNOT CHANGE OR PRAY AWAY. I have tried in desperation to be made straight and NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ME. You just have to accept it and move forward with your life. I'm sorry about your friends outing you, that's pretty low and uncalled for. But like Dean said Keep your head up, it does get better, it won't happen right away. I would recommend reading the book Coming Out to Play by Robbie Rogers or Prayers For Bobby.

Good Luck

6. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Insults are only really skin deep, particularly single word comments about sexuality - they aren't even really personal, just general grunts of uninformed disapproval. Try to let them bounce off, and not get in the way of you living your life.

You're right, it does suck. It might continue to do so for a little while longer. When you think the time is right to come out to your parents, do it - but not before, don't try to preempt the bullies, you could put yourself in a situation you weren't really ready for, for no good reason.

If your friends are distancing themselves because of who you are, they're pretty crappy friends - you might be better off without them.

Best wishes for the future.