1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long until you were certain?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaylor, Feb 21, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long did you question/process your sexuality before you were really certain. I am about 95% sure that I am a lesbian and would like to come out soon, but feel like it may seem like I have not really taken enough time to think about it on my own. I think this boils down to me still not fully accepting my sexuality, not so much me being unsure if I'm straight or not.

I am just curious about how long others felt this way before just accepting their sexuality and coming out and what helped them to really accept and take pride in who they are.

2. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    months, maybe years

3. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been at least a 3 year long evolution for me, besides what signs of my differences I can recognize from my middle school days. Even now, though, inspite of accepting my sexuality, and my very likely gender fluid identity, I may not entirely know if I am bisexual or gay or what until I've had more experience. I have pretty much never dated, never had sex, and have little romantic experience in any other area. So until I do, I may never get a full picture that will seem clear for me.

Don't mean to sound negative, though. I'm extremely confident regarding the feelings and desires I am having now, and the labels I have given myself so far. Others may be more confident and sure with more or less relationship experience.

#3 MisterMissy, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017