1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice quick

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UnderARock, Jul 1, 2007.

1. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just agreed to catch up with a friend who i havent seen in awhile this afternoon. I've been thinking of coming out the next time i see ppl (i dont get out much) I didnt think it would be this soon. Im scared empty stomach feeling that i've got everything ive tried to come out. I never gone thought with it. I want to come out but i think ill pull out at the last minute. I need advice and words of encouragement. I should be meeting him in the next hour

2. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best encouragement I can give right now is my own experience. It seems that no matter what reaction people have, I feel a bit better and more secure in myself. It is kind of like an empowering thing. Good luck!

3. Red87

Definately come out... don't be afraid of their reaction. Most people are actually supportive...I've found that those who actually seem like they hate gay people actually are supportive of you... especially when you're the first gay person they've met and you'r ea friend.. you can really change their perspective.

#3 Red87, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    ok so he has come bac to my place, i havent told him yet, more ppl are going to come round. This is al happening so fast

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just can wish you good luck - and remember that we all are here.

6. 24601

Just do it! I think I might be too late, though. But seriously, if I were you, I'd just get it done with! It will be better when it's over. Here's my water slide analogy which I've actually grown kind of fond of...

7. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

it will be much harder to tell him or her the second time around, after all, he's meeting you for the first time in a long time. He or she is assuming much has changed (or most probably is assuming i should say) once he meets you you should affirm a new identity, believe it or not it is easier for him/her this way. Or so i have been told by several personal experiences.

8. CrimsonThunder

How did it go?