1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, a lot has happened recently.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WonderfuL, Mar 1, 2017.

1. WonderfuL

Hi. My name is WonderfuL. You probably know that if you looked to the left. I had been questioning my sexuality and I believe I am bi. I go to a catholic school. I am hated by most of the people there, and am afraid to come out to anyone there, where some of my only friends are. I have had a lot happen in terms of custody, and the dust is still settling. This has been one of the most nervewracking parts of my life, emotionally. I feel hated by everyone except my family, and I don't want to come out to her because I believe she would be really shocked and unaccepting at first, even though she is the most understanding mother I know. I just wish I had someone I could talk to about this. I honestly don't know what to do, say or think. Should I come out to my friends, who are catholic, mom, who would be morbidly shocked, or just not do it at all? I have one friend I want to tell, but she's also someone I feel love for, and I am afraid of how she would react. I don't know what to do at this point in life, I'm on a sinking ship with help around me but they all have guns and won't let me on. I just need some advice from someone who has gone through the same sort of thing, because no-one in my life could understand. To anyone who responds, thanks. I really appreciate it.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey WonderfuL,

You should only Come Out to someone if/when you are comfortable doing so and only if it is safe to do so. If you are not yet independent of your family, but might expect, in the worst case scenario, that they could disown you and throw you out of the house, then I would definitely advise against Coming Out to them.

If you feel compelled to Come Out to someone so that you at least have an ally (as many of us do), perhaps evaluate your friends and see who might be most LGBTQ-friendly. You could occasionally bring up LGBTQ-related issues around them (if they are in the news, etc) and see how they react. You can also make a list for yourself of the pros and cons of Coming Out to someone. That can also help you decide if it is worth it.

I definitely understand that you feel all alone and isolated, so even having one other person who knows the 'true you' can definitely relieve a lot of your stress.

Just some thoughts.

I wish you all the best!:slight_smile: