1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DementedTrendz, Mar 2, 2017.

1. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok. So basically i have already came out to my mother, sister, and best friend because i knew they would take it very well, Which they did.

But people in my family on both sides (mostly fathers though) are very homophobic, and i live in the south(even tho i am like the least southern person ever) which means a lot of other people are homophobic as well. I am already prepared for the worst, since my Dad, grandfather, Cousins, 2 uncles and an aunt on my dads side will probably disown me. That really only leaves two people who probably wouldn't care on his side. :help:

And on my mothers side, only a few people would care which i love

So i didn't know if there was any way i could tell them that wouldn't make them angry, disappointing or upset. Thanks for reading over this!

2. June Cleaver

Some will support you that you think would not. Be prepared for the ones who won't.

My experience was my mother's family pretty much were nice to my face while trying to turn the few that accepted me against me. Two of my uncles and both male cousins put the make on me. I was cut out of grandparents will (which I could care less about) but about 10 years before grandfather died decided to sell my grandmother 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Broghm, but refused to sell it to me for any price. Now that upset me more than anything. Pretty much that is how it went for the Southerners from North Carolina. My father's family totally accepted me and nothing changed there, they are from Maryland.

You just never know, but the ones who truly love you will either completely support you or come around in time. Good luck, June

3. DementedTrendz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, and that is pretty harsh with your mothers side, but it is good with your fathers side.

And ya, it really stupid
    that some people will not accept other people because of there sexual orientation. And may even cut all ties with you because of that, But thanks that really helps me out! (*hug*)