1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced out of closet now what

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shasta, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom forced me to come out to out. She's oblivious to the damage she has done. I hate her for doing this. Ever since I a child I have always liked girls. My friends would crush on guys I would crush on girls. I have struggled with my sexuality all my life. I never gave it much thought until recently when I met a woman we will call "Charline".

I met her while car shopping. She stood very close to me and that bothered me. This surprised me because I don't mind being close to others. She knew that I was questioning my sexaulity even though I never said a word. It scared me that a stranger knew something so private without me saying a word to her. Then when we got alone she kept hinting that it's okay. It's okay she would say.

After words I left feeling exposed and vulnerable. I thought it had something to do with the way the car deal went, but i eventually discovered it was deeper than that. I avoided her at all cost.

When the phone rang and her number popped up my stomach would drop. In October it hit me that her behavior made me question my sexaulity. I immediately began to crush on her. I thought to myself finally someone who will accept me. After cutting off all communications with her I eventually got intouch with her. she was happy to her from and wanted to know how I was. So it's confirmed that she likes me too. I made her day. Other than that I don't know how to persue this relationship.

Crushing on this woman has made me act differently. I started going to a support group and it helped for awhile. Then my mom found I was going and accused me of trashing the family. Starting I was the cause of her problems. Some I came out unwilling to my mom. I told I'm hurt she made me come out before I was ready. Her response it needed to be heard. I'm very hurt that she did it in a hurtful way. she assumes that this woman did something to me. Did she touch you she asked I told her no then stated I was this way long before I met her. Charline just made seriously consider that fact that I'm gay.

So there it all is my story so far. Sorry if it's long and confusing. I'm still figuring my self out. I know I like girls and that I get feelings for them.

2. Seluj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's really tough for anyone to deal with...just be honest with her and if she's not unscrupulous she will understand, as a gay woman, this isn't a good time. If she's not willing to deal with that, well...I'd avoid her.

3. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How long did it take you avoiding this girl to eventually not avoid her? I have a similar situation with a girl she's been avoiding me at all costs and it hurts I'm wondering when she will come back around it's been almost two months that I have spoke to her last and I'm wondering if I should even bother anymore why did it freak you out? did you just not know what the feelings were ? And why did you avoid her?

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    4 months. I'm not sure if she's gay. Until I met her I never gave the fact that I like girls much thought. The only way to know for sure is talk to her and get know her be her friend. I would love to get know her but don't know where to start.. I'm little sad to Verizon deleted the voicemail I had saved. Sometimes I just want to her voice.

5. lost101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why don't you start by initiating contact with the girl you have a crush on? As in just be friends and see what happens? It's not like it's not common for straight girls to have gay friends doesn't mean anything unless you want it to I have tons of straight girl friends even attractive ones that I never crossed that line with the problem with my situation is that two months ago she told me she didn't want to talk to me anymore so I'm not sure me initiating anything would go over well