1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

next year housing help!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miles D, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Miles D

OKAY, so I'm being really bipolar about this.
    first, let me tell you the evolution of my housing plans for next year, year 2 of college.

1. live in a single again in the mostly-freshman coed dorm, the one i'm in now.

2. live in a single in the most-sophomore co-ed dorm (Hill House)

3. live in a "mod", which is an apartment-type housing, fits 4 people, with my BFF (a lesbian) & two other good friends (this idea got debanded when one friend said she didn't want to live the Mod, my BFF agreed, and decided she doesn't like the Mods)

4. live with my BFF in Hill House (might be a problem, depends on if they're still rooming same "sex" together rather than same "gender")

5. live with my BFF in a Mod with this lesbian couple who are our really good friends (couple has been dating for 5 months)
    (my BFF just today told me she didn't want to do this because she doesn't like the Mods, doesn't want to room with her BFF, because we might end up hating each other, and doesn't want to live with a couple, in case they break up/have fights)

6. live in a Mod with the lesbian couple and this girl i don't know well at all but she has yellow teeth :confused:

I've been really bipolar, thinking that #5 would be the best, then questioning it, then getting mad at my BFF for jeopardizing the couples' chances of living in a Mod together, then thinking she was right, then wanting her to change her mind and do #5 again, and now I really don't want #6 because I don't even know this girl.

Can anyone help me? I know none of you know the housing rules at my school, so it might be hard to help... but I can use any help I can get. please help??

I'm now thinking I should get a single again... but that leaves the lesbian couple all alone, and basically screwed over.

:help: :help: :help:

2. Greggers

One of the MOD options sounds best IMO, whatever one you can get to work.

It seems an apartment/house style living would be much easier than a dorm, and that it might fix any problems you would have with the dorms.

3. Miles D

(*hug*)

4. epiphanies

My bff was apprehensive about living w/ me; she also thought that living together would hurt out friendship. However, we are still fine and actually closer. But if your friend does not want to live with you, don't push her.

I'd say either go for the mod if she changes her mind, or one of the singles. Don't put yourself in the awkward situation of living with a stranger and a couple, especially if the couple may break up.

5. Miles D

there is a really slight change they'll break up. they're so amazing, and they communicate so well.
    the thing is, I'd love a single, but then I'd be screwing over the couple, and now they need to find two people to room with instead of one :confused:

6. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should try to do what will make you feel happier and more comfortable. Your friends that are a couple will find someone else if needs be, hopefully your decision won't affect your friendship with anyone. :slight_smile::slight_smile: